OUTREACH & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Black Theatre Workshop is currently seeking an Outreach & Marketing Coordinator as part of its team.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate works well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills. She/he will also have experience in marketing and arts organization development, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience with social media marketing would be an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required.
The Coordinator is responsible for the effective outreach and marketing of the theatre. The tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
Membership & fundraising
- Identify fundraising needs; design, develop, organize and execute short and long-term fundraising strategies for the Theatre in the general areas of memberships, sponsorships, and special events in consultation with senior staff.
- Pursue audience development initiatives
- Develop and implement individual, membership and corporate campaigns
- Develop and oversee membership promotional materials and mailings, with a view to projecting a consistent image for the Theatre
- Develop and implement sponsorship campaign, foundations campaign, special events, raffles, etc.
- Actively seek out new fundraising opportunities in the community that will enhance the Theatre’s image and visibility
- Develop and/or maintain records, and maintain strong relationships with Theatre donors, potential donors and supporters
- Supervise and contribute to the development of prospective member lists, with a view to expansion of the membership base
Marketing & outreach
- Develop and execute integrated marketing, sales and communications strategies for the Theatre, complete with objectives, time-lines and budgets in consultation with senior staff.
- Develop and execute strategies as outlined in approved marketing plan, including all facets of subscription campaign, brochure production, renewals, direct mail, poster production and distribution, advertising, promotions, special audience incentives, as well as all facets of individual ticket sales initiatives and group sales programs for all shows and activities
- Develop promotional and publicity materials (including but not limited to website, newsletters, etc.) to ensure a consistent image of the Theatre through literature produced, promotion of activities and media messaging
- Coordinate and supervise opening night invitations and receptions
- Create and analyze marketing research tools
- Maintain archives of press clippings and media materials relating to the Theatre’s activities
- Setting and achieving revenue and attendance goals for productions and presentations
Vision Event Coordination
- Coordinating all event planning aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala in consultation with senior staff.
- Create event timelines & task masters.
- Liaison with the venue, entertainment, DJ and honorees.
- Solicit congratulations letters from politicians for event program.
- Contact potential sponsors for raffle prizes, flowers and honoree gifts.
- Coordinate the information needed for the event program, including bios & pictures.
- Direct and assist members of the Board and other fundraising volunteers in the execution of fundraising initiatives and in meeting Board revenue objectives
- Assist the Board in identifying and recruiting potential board members and non-board member volunteers to assist in the Theatre’s fundraising activities
- Attend Board meetings as required to report in detail about outreach and marketing activities, ensuring required information is obtained and communicated in a timely fashion
Salary for this position is set at $15/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin August 8th, 2016
Please submit a letter, resume and references to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by email: email@example.com
Deadline: June 20th, 2016
Black Theatre Workshop is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.