Black Theatre Workshop is seeking an Event Coordinator to handle the organization of fundraising events and development.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to senior staff, the Coordinator tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
A. Vision Coordination
• Assist the Marketing Coordinator with the coordinating all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
• Coordinate the information needed for the event program, including bios & pictures.
• Contact potential sponsors for raffle prizes, flowers and honoree gifts.
• Coordinate the seating plan.
• Coordinate volunteers for event.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
• Coordinate and expand the Theatre’s on-going membership drive
• Process and acknowledge all memberships
• Develop and implement individual, membership and corporate campaigns
• Research, identify and pursue prospective new individual and corporate donor contacts
• Develop and/or maintain records, and maintain strong relationships with Theatre donors, potential donors and supporters
C. Event Coordination
• Working in close and regular consultation with the General Manager and Artistic Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical and organizational aspects of the spring events and fundraisers.
• Create Event timelines & task masters.
• Ensure that administrative needs of the projects are dealt with as required.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall processes.
D. Box Office
• Plan and execute all aspects of the box office for the spring activities.
• Start the sales for the 2016 touring production
• Start pre-sales and group sales for the 2015-16 Mainstage production
• Enter mailing information from new audience members into the theatre mailing database.
• Collect and process data from Audience Surveys.
• Assist in the dissemination and distribution of promotional materials.
• Assist the Marketing Coordinator with Marketing, Media and Event Coordinating tasks.
• Establish new box office initiatives.
• Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
• Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
• Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
• Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
• Be part of the BTW team and be available for all majour BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $12/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with a few evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin January 5th, 2015 and run for 26 weeks. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies (Currently on Employment Insurance) and hold a letter stating this fact (Lettre d’admissibilité à la mesure Subvention salariale).
Please submit a letter, resume and your Employ Quebec eligibility letter to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by fax: (514) 932-6311 or by email: email@example.com
All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.