2 Positions are currently available:
Box Office Coordinator
Black Theatre Workshop is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator as part of its team.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate works well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills. She/he will also have experience in marketing and arts organization development, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience with social media marketing would be an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required.
The Coordinator is responsible responsibility for the effective marketing of the theatre, the development of new strategies.
Marketing and Communications
• Develop and execute integrated marketing, sales and communications strategies for the Theatre, complete with objectives, time-lines and budgets
• Develop and execute strategies as outlined in approved marketing plan, including all facets of subscription campaign, brochure production, renewals, direct mail, poster production and distribution, advertising, promotions, special audience incentives, as well as all facets of individual ticket sales initiatives and group sales programs for all shows and activities
• Develop and generate Theatre’s promotional and publicity materials (including but not limited to all graphics and copy for flyers, brochures, website, press releases, PSAs programs, newspaper ads, newsletters, posters, etc.) to ensure a consistent image of the Theatre through literature produced, promotion of activities and media messaging
• Arrange any and all radio, newspaper and TV interviews, editorials and ad placements, as necessary
• Coordinate and attend all production and event photo calls
• Coordinate and supervise opening night invitations and receptions, and assist in managing press relations and press table at opening nights and other Theatre functions
• Maintain archives of press clippings and media materials relating to the Theatre’s activities
• Soliciting and maintaining media sponsors
• Setting and achieving revenue and attendance goals for productions and presentations
• Process and acknowledge all membership donations
• Coordinate and expand the Theatre’s on-going membership drive
• Pursue audience development
• Develop and oversee membership promotional materials and mailings, with a view to projecting a consistent image for the Theatre
• Supervise and contribute to the development of prospective member lists, with a view to expansion of the membership base
• Develop and maintain the theatre’s database, creating strategies, supervising new listings and maintaining information integrity.
Private Sector Fundraising
• Identify fundraising needs; design, develop, organize and execute short and long-term fundraising strategies for the Theatre in the general areas of memberships, sponsorships, and Special Events
• Recommend and implement approved fundraising strategy, budget and schedule
• Develop and implement sponsorship campaign, foundations campaign, special events, raffles, etc.
• Research, identify and pursue prospective new individual and corporate donor contacts
• Supervise marketing and development facets of Private Sector Fundraising Special Events
• Supervise all aspects of coordinating the annual Vision Fundraising Gala
• Develop appropriate fundraising and marketing materials for use in solicitation requests
• Actively seek out new fundraising opportunities in the community that will enhance the Theatre’s image and visibility
• Develop and/or maintain records, and maintain strong relationships with Theatre donors, potential donors and supporters
Assist and advise Senior Staff in:
• Research, prepare and submit of applications for public funding
• Identify new public funding opportunities of potential interest to the Theatre
• Develop and/or maintain strong relationships with government funding agencies
General Administration and Activities
• Attend all staff meetings
• Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
• Attend the Theatre’s openings, performances, events, and other functions of the Theatre as required;
• Pursue and/or participate in professional development activities as may be useful or necessitated by the needs of the Theatre
Please submit a letter and resume by August 10th, 2014 to the General Manager,
by email: gm[AT]blacktheatreworkshop.ca or by fax: (514) 932-6311
BTW is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BOX OFFICE COORDINATOR
Black Theatre Workshop is seeking a Box Office Coordinator to handle sales of a Mainstage play, a TYA School Tour and other fundraising events.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Coordinator tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
A. Mainstage Box Office
• Plan and execute all aspects of the box office for the mainstage production.
• Contact potential groups and target audience markets for group and school sales.
• Manage box office issues that may arise including: representing BTW at the theatre, handling complementary tickets and being available to audience members to answer questions and solve problems.
• Enter mailing information from new audience members into the theatre mailing database.
• Collect and process data from Audience Surveys.
• Assist in the dissemination and distribution of promotional materials.
• Assist the Marketing and Development Director with Marketing, Media and Event Coordinating tasks.
• Establish new box office initiatives.
B. School Tour Coordination
• Coordinating all aspects of school sales for the school tour production.
• Working in close and regular consultation with the General Manager and Artistic Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical and organizational aspects of the school tour.
• The Coordinator will be the liaison person between the General Manager, the schools and contracted Artists to facilitate the dissemination of information as required.
• Ensure that administrative needs of the project are dealt with as required.
• Contact and liaise with school contacts as necessary regarding schedules, e.g. show time, place and artist needs.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall program process.
• Compile and maintain a complete contact list for future school tours.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a school tour binder for the program.
• Manage ticket reservations for the public performance, including: in-coming reservations, reservation sheets, confirmation calls, telemarketing campaigns, entering new information into the BTW reservation database.
• The Coordinator will follow set procedures for mail-outs, booking, fees, school files and daily schedule information.
C. Vision Event Coordination
• Coordinating all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
• Manage ticket reservations, including: in-coming reservations, reservation sheets, confirmation calls, telemarketing campaigns, entering new information into the BTW reservation database.
• Take and confirm reservations at the BTW offices during working hours.
• Enter mailing information from new attendees into the mailing database.
• Contact potential groups and target specific markets for Vision group sales.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
• Work in collaboration with the Marketing Director to manage the smooth transfer of information regarding ticket sales.
• In conjunction with the General Manager manage the Box Office on the night of the event.
• Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
• Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
• Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
• Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
• Be part of the BTW team and be available for all majour BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $12.00/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin September 1, 2014 and run for 26 weeks. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies.
Please submit a letter and resume to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by fax: (514) 932-6311 or by email: gm[AT]blacktheatreworkshop.ca
Applications deadline August 10th, 2014. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted