Black Theatre Workshop is seeking an Event Coordinator to handle the organization of fundraising events and conferences.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications is an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to senior staff, the Coordinator tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
A. Vision Coordination
· Assist the Marketing Director with the coordinating of all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
· Coordinate the information needed for the event program, including bios & pictures.
· Contact potential sponsors for raffle prizes, flowers and honoree gifts.
· Coordinate the seating plan.
· Coordinate volunteers for event.
· Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
B. Event Coordination
· Working in close and regular consultation with the General Manager and Artistic Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical and organizational aspects of the spring events such as the Poetry Jam, Discovery Series and Curry Q.
· Create Event timelines & task masters.
· Ensure that administrative needs of the projects are dealt with as required.
· Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall processes.
C. Box Office
· Plan and execute all aspects of the box office for the spring activities.
· Start the sales for the 2015 touring production
· Start pre-sales and group sales for the 2014 Mainstage production
· Enter mailing information from new audience members into the theatre mailing database.
· Collect and process data from Audience Surveys.
· Assist in the dissemination and distribution of promotional materials.
· Assist the Marketing and Development Coordinator with Marketing, Media and Event Coordinating tasks.
· Establish new box office initiatives.
· Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
· Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
· Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
· Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
· Be part of the BTW team and be available for all major BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $12/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with a few evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin January 6th, 2013 and run for 26 weeks. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies.
Please submit a letter and resume to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by fax: (514) 932-6311 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.