Box Office Coordinator
Black Theatre Workshop is seeking a Box Office Coordinator to handle sales of a Mainstage play, a TYA School Tour and other fundraising events.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Coordinator tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
A. Mainstage Box Office
• Plan and execute all aspects of the box office for the mainstage production.
• Contact potential groups and target audience markets for group and school sales.
• Manage box office issues that may arise including: representing BTW at the theatre, handling complementary tickets and being available to audience members to answer questions and solve problems.
• Enter mailing information from new audience members into the theatre mailing database.
• Collect and process data from Audience Surveys.
• Assist in the dissemination and distribution of promotional materials.
• Assist the Marketing and Development Director with Marketing, Media and Event Coordinating tasks.
• Establish new box office initiatives.
B. School Tour Coordination
• Coordinating all aspects of school sales for the school tour production.
• Working in close and regular consultation with the General Manager and Artistic Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical and organizational aspects of the school tour.
• The Coordinator will be the liaison person between the General Manager, the schools and contracted Artists to facilitate the dissemination of information as required.
• Ensure that administrative needs of the project are dealt with as required.
• Contact and liaise with school contacts as necessary regarding schedules, e.g. show time, place and artist needs.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall program process.
• Compile and maintain a complete contact list for future school tours.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a school tour binder for the program.
• Manage ticket reservations for the public performance, including: in-coming reservations, reservation sheets, confirmation calls, telemarketing campaigns, entering new information into the BTW reservation database.
• The Coordinator will follow set procedures for mail-outs, booking, fees, school files and daily schedule information.
C. Vision Event Coordination
• Coordinating all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
• Manage ticket reservations, including: in-coming reservations, reservation sheets, confirmation calls, telemarketing campaigns, entering new information into the BTW reservation database.
• Take and confirm reservations at the BTW offices during working hours.
• Enter mailing information from new attendees into the mailing database.
• Contact potential groups and target specific markets for Vision group sales.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
• Work in collaboration with the Marketing Director to manage the smooth transfer of information regarding ticket sales.
• In conjunction with the General Manager manage the Box Office on the night of the event.
• Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
• Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
• Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
• Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
• Be part of the BTW team and be available for all majour BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $12.00/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin September 1, 2014 and run for 26 weeks. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies.
Please submit a letter and resume to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by fax: (514) 932-6311 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline August 10th, 2014. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.