If you would like to volunteer with Black Theatre Workshop, please go here.
If you are an actor and would like to submit your Headshot & C.V. please go here.
Black Theatre Workshop is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to be part of its team. The Coordinator works closely with senior staff and has the broad responsibility for the effective marketing, communications and outreach strategies of the theatre.
- Create, implement and manage an integrated marketing, communication and outreach strategy for the Theatre, complete with objectives, time-lines and budgets.
- Develop promotional and publicity materials (including but not limited to season brochures, show postcards, posters, playbills, e-newsletter and social media) to ensure a consistent image of the Theatre through literature produced, promotion of activities and media messaging.
- Set strategies to achieve box office and attendance goals for productions and events.
- Manage the Theatre’s social cultural presences using social media, online and other innovative mechanisms.
- Identify fundraising needs; design, develop, organize and execute short and long-term fundraising strategies for the Theatre in the general areas of memberships, sponsorships, and Special Events.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public questions and target media with media press releases and personalized emails/calls to solicit media attention for our performances and events.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent command of English with superior writing skills and good understanding of French, both oral and written.
- Ability to think strategically and adapt writing style to different audiences.
- 1-4 years’ experience in marketing or communication.
- University education in marketing or communications, in a sector related to non-profit or arts, or equivalent work experience.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to identify needs, handle multiple tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- Creative, enthusiastic, organized, highly motivated and ability to work with a team.
- Interest in theatre or the arts.
- Experience with managing a company’s cultural presence, corporate sponsorship agreements, fundraising and social media marketing would be an asset.
- Proficiency in word processing and MS Office suite. Design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress would be an asset
Black Theatre Workshop is Canada’s longest running Black theatre company and is committed to reflecting Black culture and community by developing and providing visibility for Black Canadian artists. Black Theatre Workshop is an award-winning English- speaking theatre company based in Montreal, Quebec.
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary for this position is based on experience and between $18-25/hour, on an expected 35 hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin as early as March 30, 2020.
Please submit a letter and resume to the General Manager, by March 16, 2020
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Theatre Workshop is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.