If you would like to volunteer with Black Theatre Workshop, please go here.
If you are an actor and would like to submit your Headshot & C.V. please go here.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Black Theatre Workshop is currently seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator as part of its growing team.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate works well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills. They will also have experience in designing marketing strategies and/or arts organization development. Experience with managing a company’s cultural presence, corporate sponsorship agreements, fundraising and social media marketing would be an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required.
The Coordinator works closely with senior staff and has the broad responsibility for the effective marketing and communications strategies of the theatre.
The Coordinator tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Develop and execute integrated marketing and communications strategies for the Theatre, complete with objectives, time-lines and budgets.
- Develop and execute strategies as outlined in approved marketing plan, including all facets of subscription campaign, brochure production, renewals, direct mail, poster production and distribution, advertising, promotions, special audience incentives, as well as all facets of individual ticket sales initiatives and group sales programs for all shows and activities.
- Develop promotional and publicity materials (including but not limited to season brochures, show postcards, posters, playbills, e-newsletter and social media) to ensure a consistent image of the Theatre through literature produced, promotion of activities and media messaging.
- Design, coordinate and supervise opening night invitations and receptions.
- Create and analyze marketing research tools.
- Conduct arts consumption surveys relating to the company for the strategic plan.
- Maintain archives of press clippings, marketing material and media materials relating to the Theatre’s activities.
- Set strategies to achieve box office and attendance goals for productions and presentations.
- Design Marketing Strategies and coordinate general marketing promotional material mail-outs.
- Write content for press releases, print brochures and newsletter.
- Manage the company’s social cultural presences using social media, online and other innovative mechanisms.
- Organize and direct promotional events and coordinate lobby displays for Theatre performances and events.
- Recommend techniques to improve the company’s public image.
- Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content in a timely and professional manner.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public questions and target media with media press releases and personalized emails/calls to solicit media attention for our performances and events.
- Coordinate and arrange any and all press conferences, radio, newspaper and TV interviews, editorials and ad placements, as necessary.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
The mission of Black Theatre Workshop is to encourage and promote the development of Black and Canadian Theatre, rooted in literature that reflects the creative will of Black Canadian writers and artists, and the creative collaborations between Black and other artists. Black Theatre Workshop aims to promote and produce Black Theatre that educates, entertains and delights its audiences. The company strives to create a greater cross-cultural understanding by its presence and the intrinsic value of its work.
Salary for this position is based on experience and between $18-20/hour, on an expected 20-35 hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin ASAP.
Please submit a letter and resume by August 26, 2019 to the General Manager,
by email: email@example.com or by fax: (514) 932-6311
Black Theatre Workshop is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Black Theatre Workshop is seeking an Event Coordinator to assist with the event planning of our fundraiser dinner, work with our marketing strategy and development plans.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Coordinators tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Outreach & Development Coordinator with the coordinating all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
- Coordinate the information needed for the event program, including bios & pictures.
- Contact potential sponsors for raffle prizes, flowers and honoree gifts.
- Coordinate the seating plan.
- Coordinate volunteers for event.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
- Working in close and regular consultation with Senior Staff, the Coordinator will be responsible for organizing other events such as readings and co-productions.
- Create and organise task calendars for each event.
- Assist with the marketing campaigns for the events
- Solicit ads and artists bios for programme
- Assist in social media strategy
- Network with student groups
- Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall processes.
- Coordinate and expand the Theatre’s on-going membership drive
- Process and acknowledge all memberships
- Develop and implement individual, membership and corporate campaigns
- Research, identify and pursue prospective new individual and corporate donor contacts
- Develop and/or maintain records, and maintain strong relationships with Theatre donors, potential donors and supporters
- Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
- Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
- Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
- Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
- Be part of the BTW team and be available for all majour BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $15/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin in September and run for 30 weeks. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies (Currently unemployed , on Employment Insurance or on welfare) and hold a letter stating this fact (Lettre d’admissibilité à la mesure Subvention salariale).
Please visit https://www.quebec.ca/en/employment/wage-subsidy/ for full details.
Please submit a letter, resume and your Employ Quebec eligibility letter to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To navigate to our Season Page